April Update
Hello, everyone, hope you are as excited about the Blog as I am!
April was a wonderful month. Of course it started with General Conference, which was fabulous, as always. I was amazed to see so many 'sound bites' captured in printable pages almost before the sessions had ended!
This is one of my favorites. And I'm really excited that I will be teaching President Uchtdorf's talk at the end of May!
Then it was off to Henderson to celebrate Birthday #2 of our favorite person! Addie was excited to have us visiting. She shows this by bringing us all her books as soon as we sit down! We got to go with her to Gymboree, though she wasn't too interested in the class since we were a distraction. She loved the bubbles her mommy got her at The District and was very adept at blowing them right away. John got this photo, which I love:
I was excited about giving her the Fisher Price cash register since it's the same thing we gave Heidi for her 2nd birthday, and our kids loved it. Addie did too. She had a fabulous birthday, but wanted nothing to do with an ice cream cone, a cupcake, or a balloon Elmo!!
I mentioned the Life Journal class Linda and I were taking from an, ahem, odd teacher. I have really enjoyed the pages I've done so far though so I'm feeling very forgiving toward her eccentricities! I've been making them 2/page and will cut them apart after printing. Here is one of my favorites:
We signed a contract this week for our addition. It has been really stressful trying to get what we want without paying a ridiculous price!! We will finally have a garage! And we're putting a 'bonus room' over the top, for family gathering, watching movies, etc. My laundry room is being moved upstairs (YAY!!), I'm getting a new kitchen, and we're revamping our bathroom. We should close at the end of the month, so construction can then get started, and could take as long as FOUR MONTHS!! argh!! And for those who question this - no, we do not want to move! That's why we are adding on rather than getting a whole new house.
John is suffering with allergies, as usual this time of year. The trees seem to make him the most miserable, but everything else is pretty close behind. This is despite 3 years of shots!! He's having some trouble with his back. One positive change is with his on-call days. The international one is now only 8-5, instead of 24 hours at a time! And if it lands on a weekend? Don't have to do a thing! The other thing he is on-call for-just the USA, which used to be really slow and hardly anything at all, has ramped up recently as they keep adding sites to it, and that one continues to be 24 hours at a time. He got a really good raise this year, so although it's still not worth it, we have something to be happy about at least!
Ian got hired at 3M so he and John are carpooling to work most days. Ian has had to be there at 6:30 a.m. during his training, which means John has had to get up at 5. He's used to getting up whenever and going in, since he has flexible hours. Then he'd just stay until he'd put in his hours. But once Ian goes to a regular 8-5 day, it should be easier. That could be as soon as next week.It has been very odd having John home at 4:30 in the afternoon!
Still trying to make good use of Rudolph Days each month (the 25th.) In April I put together the pages for my Nativity album with the 4 new nativities I got for Christmas. I'm no longer actively collecting, but I still get them as gifts, or I will see one I really cannot live without! This is one I got from a dear friend, Annie. It's only about 4 inches tall, and made of fired clay. Isn't it sweet?
Well that's our news. It's fun to add photos. Please don't make me the only one!!!
Love to all!
John & Kathi




No comments:
Post a Comment