Wednesday, May 16, 2012

News from Claire and Calvin

I hope this works!
 Hello to the family. We're enjoying a beautiful May. Calvin and I are doing all the weeding in the yard, which is a ton. We have alot of planted areas that love weeds so we pull them and then put down mulch. Calvin isn't home very often so it's not going as fast as it could, plus, we don't love it and our energy levels aren't what they were in our 30s.
  We're looking forward to having mom/grammy out next week for a week. I hope I can keep her busy without wearing her out. She loves coming here, loves Indiana and the countryside.
  This weekend is our Stake Conference and we have the rare privilege of having an apostle come for a visit-Elder Neil L. Anderson. And with Calvin in the Stake Presidency now, he'll get to have extra meetings with him, and me as a wife, will get to have dinner with Elder Anderson, so I'm really looking forward to that. Calvin has to talk at the Adult Meeting Saturday night. It will be a very busy weekend.
  Calvin was gone most of April with out of town visits. I'm ok with him gone, I tend to enjoy it but I do miss someone to talk to. Thankfully I have friends and outside interests that help.
  Jacob and family will be moving to Pleasant Grove in June. Their landlord won't renew their contract b/c he wants to move in a family member and so the Bakers need to move. They didn't look too long and ended up renting a house in PG from Jacob's cousin, Callie! That's Kenton's youngest daughter. This is a house that Callie and Greg built 10 years ago, but are in another house now and rent it out. It's got 6 bedrooms, a fenced yard, built in ground tramp, culdesac, just ideal. And they'll be in the same ward as Callie and family. We are thrilled for Jacob. The only problem that may come up is they only have one car and with him working at BYU. They'll figure something out.
  Kelli and Emmanuel will be leaving Lebanon this summer, hopefully to a place closer to Indy. Emm's job will be changing a bit and Kelli will have to find another hospital job. Joseph is an absolute delight, of course. He wished me a happy Mother's Day. I got to talk to Jacob's kids that day too. I just LOVE my grandkids!!
  Holly just finished her last semester of taking classes and will now just be teaching and working on things for her eventual graduation. She found a small house to rent this summer and will move in June. We're driving out there to help her unpack. We'll see Cottrells and grammy on the way, stop in MN to see Kenton and Cheryl and then to Wausau, WI to see Colin. Kelli and Joseph will be coming with us. In July, we'll head more west to Bryce Canyon for the Baker Reunion.
  Colin is in sweeps month this month. Their station does really well and beats their competition. He finally got the YSA group to stop having activities on Friday night cuz he works then and have them on Sats. I'm reading a book he's written and gave Calvin a copy of for Christmas. It's really good!! It's fantasy and very interesting. I never knew he was writing something.
  We got to talk to Sam for an hour for Mother's Day this past Sunday. He sounded really good and happy. He had lots of stories of his missionary work. He's back in Santa Cruz again, but in a different area, more middle class. His new comp is from Peru, but was raised on an island west of Peru. And though he's Peruvian, his main language is Japanese! He learned Spanish as a teenager. Sam figures he'll be home by Dec 1 the way transfers go, but no official word yet. It's still early. But soon we'll have to get him registered for school again and to find him an apt. We're happy that Jacob will be there while Sam is back in UT. He'll enjoy getting to know the kids.
  I volunteered to do a commissioned quilted wallhanging recently and got paid a nice few pennies. Now I have a quilt on the frame for Kenton and Cheryl. It's huge, king size. My machine is not working well right now and I'm frustrated again. Maybe it needs a swift kick to run better.
  I hope this new blog idea will catch on with the kids. I'll remind them to post something. Have a good May!

No comments:

Post a Comment