Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Moulton Chat

Congrats to Kathi for a wonderful new 'venue'. It'll be fun to see pix from everyone!

As usual, nothing too unusual going on except the weather! It either feels like summer or fall! I'll take fall anyday! The flowers are blooming and it's been gorgeous out! I plan to plant annuals later this month. We're still preparing for Trek/Exodus. We met as stake Ma's and Pa's last month and they taught us 3 dances apparently we're going to do after hiking in the mountains with handcarts all day. Go figure! If it doesn't kill me off first! We met as a ward and then taught all the kids! We had a little 'family' meeting with our Trek kids to plan our flag that will fly on our handcart. I tried to give them lots of inspirational ideas: Ponder the Path of thy Feet, etc. Well, they ended up thinking a Star "Trek" thing would be fun: You know, going where no man has gone before! I piped up, What's that Hunger Games motto? Well, that did it! That's what they wanted: May the odds be ever in your favor. My apologies to those who have never read the book/seen the movie. Katniss, the heroine wears a mockingjay pin and the kids liked that idea so instead of a mockingjay on a pin, we're putting an Angel Moroni silhouette on the flag: like it's a pin, with the words, May the odds be ever in your favor! haha! Then they wanted REAL pins to each wear so I found Angel Moroni pins and Jess picked them up in Provo. ha! At least they're excited about it! That's the goal! So we're on our way. I'm in charge of padded seats for the buckets we'll be using to sit on so I've been experimenting with those. Fun!
We celebrated Easter at our house with Stephanie/fam and Bryce. It was also their bday celebration too so it was a fun get together. Bryce wanted fudge pudding cake and the Packer's wanted cheesecake! Everyone liked the ham as well!
Talked to Scott over his bday. He's getting a dog: a Goldendoodle! Why am I not surprised!!! "Toby" (unless he changes his mind) should be born this summer! He's moving to another apt, closer to work as well. Marianne and Nic got to see him when they went to Texas for a job interview and took choc chip cookies to him from me: his only wish! How could I deny him?
Guess the only other news is I'm quitting in two weeks. Hardly seems possible but I'm thrilled and can't wait to have my freedom back. Hope I don't regret it!
Jess' dad was in Japan all of April but he's home now. Hard to believe Jess' mom has been gone a year now. I'm sure she's kicking up her heels in heaven!

Wishing you a Happy Spring! Stop and smell the flowers!

Love, Jess and Annette



No comments:

Post a Comment