Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April - Ian

I went to Yellowstone for a short trip last weekend. These are some photos I took

Elk along the Madison River

Excelsior Geyser

 This is what it looked like when the wind wasn't blowing. You can almost see the walkway.

Icicles at Excelsior Geyser


Frozen geyser vapour on the pine trees.

Old Faithful

Old Faithful actually erupting


Warning signs that I may have ignored.

Bison

Norris Geyser Basin

Norris Geyser Basin again

Headed down the road towards Mammoth Hot Springs

Elk and mountains at Mammoth Hot Springs. I didn't see any squeakies

Mound Terrace at Mammoth Hot Springs

Mammoth Hot Springs

Mountain Bluebird

Mammoth Hot Springs

Liberty Cap at Mammoth Hot Springs


Bison

Undine Falls

Undine Falls again with slow shutter

Bison herd. You can also see a bison carcass that was killed by a wolf pack in the middle left. There's a golden eagle on the carcass.

You can see more of the photos at:
Or on my FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/ianvannatter
Or on my blog when I get it updated, finally:



3 comments:

  1. Like father like son!
    Great shots, Ian!!! Keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like father like son!
    Great shots, Ian!!! Keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing these pics of the park in the early spring...amazing shots, esp the little bluebird! I've never been there at this time of year so i really enjoyed these.happy to have your blog link too!

    ReplyDelete