Things around here are rushing, rushing, rushing. 3 weeks and 2 1/2 days left as a 2nd grade teacher. I don't think the reality has really set in. I've been trying to haul boxes home. Where, oh where, will I put this stuff?? I've already decided that if I can't use it for preschool I won't bring it, but that's still a lot of stuff! And a few thousand books! I'm trying to part with a few, but it's hard.
Still teaching Sunbeams. We've started doing it more preschool-style. Short lesson and then let the kids work on related activities. The Sunbeam topics are birds, fish, 5 senses, etc. so it's easy to make it work and it's made Sundays so much easier!
Trying to get everything together for the preschool. Everything takes longer than you think it should. For example, getting everything lined up for the website shouldn't have been the ordeal it was! But thanks for Emily's design know-how and Dad's technical prowess, I have a website! www.yellowkitelearningcenter.com (Yes, I know it's a mouthful, but it's terribly hard to find shorter domain names. What will people do for their businesses in 10 years??)
Still not 100% set up with the city, but it should be okay. Trying to rearrange rooms and get some painting done. I keep buying things: $80 worth of Dr. Seuss books, a ton of flowers for a pretend flower shop, math toys, bean bags...Good thing the other business is doing well! In fact it's doing well enough that taxes were PAINFUL!!!! Ouch! I knew I would have to pay, but for what I sent the IRS I could have bought a car (a used car, but still!).
Second Story Window is going great. Who could have guessed this a year ago? Everyday we have people begging for new products. But who has the time to get any work done??
My hands were hurting bad enough that I went back to the doctor at the end of March. I don't usually cry, but the second the doctor pushed on the joint I burst into tears. Poor hands. :( This time I saw the real doc instead of the PA. Makes a big difference. For example, the doctor knew not to stick large needles into the most inflamed part of the joint. So the shots this time were just unpleasant as opposed to excruciating.
I had a lovely birthday. My 2 requests were North and South and chocolate cake. I have some lovely friends who helped take care of both! The day after I met up with Mom to go see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Hale Center. Always so fun!
Now if I can just make it through end-of-year testing, things will be great!
Love to all!! Heidi
Heidi i was absolutely thrilled to read about your new venture and to check out your new blog. Wish my grandkidlets could be in your preschool!!! So many fun plans...so happy for you. Also thrilled to hear that SSW is doing SO WELL! Congrats! And thanks for helping me via pinning. I can tell why my stats pick up when they do! My mini business is picking up a little all the time.love ya
ReplyDelete