It's about time I posted something about my family.
March was a loooooooooong month. Cold, snowy, rainy, miserable. We were glad to be done with it. We started attending the Pioneer Trek meetings for the adults involved. Calvin is the Trail Boss, I'm going as his wife! We have lots of wonderful things planned for the kids but it will be a difficult trail to walk and push/pull a real handcart. We have to wear pioneer clothing too. Hopefully it won't rain cuz we're sleeping out under the stars.
We had the missionaries over for Easter dinner. We rarely have the missionaries here because of Calvin's schedule. It's never the same from week to week. I was happy to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and celebrate my Irish-ness. I even decorated a little for it.
I was so glad to see April come, though it was still cold, snowy and REALLY rainy. Thankfully for all the rain we've gotten this month, our basement has stayed dry. Unlike poor Castros. 2 weeks ago Indiana had a HUGE rainstorm, both up here in the north and central where the Castros are. I was down visiting for a few days because it was Grandparent's Day at Joseph's pre-school. The next day I took the kids to where they've been looking at moving to, west side of Indy. And once we got home the rains began. It was like Noah's rain. Calvin was in Indy that day and came by late that afternoon and took us to dinner. I went back to the hotel with him that night and little did we know, that the kids would spend all night long moving all their storage from their basement to the main floor of the house because they ended up with 2 feet of water down there!!!! What a mess! Poor kids. Thankfully, because they had flooded before 2 years earlier and had lost some things in the basement, they had bought lots and lots of plastic tubs to put their things in and then they put them on pallets, up off the floor. So though they had the tubs and ended up carrying them upstairs, they didn't lose anything. They had to wait for the water to recede and then they can scrub the cement with bleach.
Earlier Emmanuel had been told by his doctor that the reason Emm has been sick so many times this past year was because of mold. They have seen mold growing around the tub and can smell if in the basement and especially now, there's a really strong smell. So that's why they are getting out of the house and finding something better. Whether they stay in Lebanon or move completely they don't know yet.
Calvin brought his motorcycle out of storage and has enjoyed getting on it. Finally the weather has been so good that he can ride his bike.
I went to the Dear Jane retreat for 4 days this month. Then we went back down to Lebanon to go with the kids to the Children's Museum in Indy. It's a great place and Joseph loves it there. He's so adorable. So I was out of town alot this month. That's normal for Calvin.
Jacob finished his final semester of teaching at BYU. He has to find a full time job now as he works on his dissertation and prepares for his qualifying exams in Sept. Ethan has a problem with his heels and the doctor said it's Sever's Disease. It's common for kids that age and it affects the growth plate in the feet. He has to wear special fitted forms in his shoes and hopefully that will take care of the problem. He loves sports and is getting ready to play soccer. If the forms don't work, then his feet will be casted, so pray for Ethan!
Emm starts his new job at IUPUI (Indiana U, Purdue U at Indy) tomorrow. He'll be a research assistant for a business professor. We're very excited for him as this can open up all sorts of doors for him, and especially the help to get back into school. He just turned 32 this month. Kelli had just gotten released from the Primary Presidency and put back into her old calling cuz the branch pres can't find someone to replace her! Her problem is that she can't always stay for church after Sac Mtg cuz of having worked the night before. She's ok with it.
Holly is finishing up her semester at SDU. She'll have another class this summer as well as working for SAT down in Louisville KY like she did last year. She had to buy another car as her poor Hyundai died. She found a 10 year old Mercedes that's in great shape. Snazzy!
Colin wasn't happy with his job for a time, once the morning anchors were fired, there's a whole new feeling to the job now, and not just for him. So it's better now. He takes dancing lessons on Tues night with a bunch of other people from his ward and surrounding wards.He's been able to get out on to the golf range to hit a few balls.
Sam finished up his semester well and starts Spring Term this Friday. And he has a girlfriend! She's from TX. They have fun together. I suppose we'll meet her soon.
I'm starting to sew the little dresses for Sophie and Avery for Bryce and Amy's wedding. It's a beautiful purple crepe back satin. We're so happy for Bryce and Amy. On our way out to UT at the end of May, we'll pick up grammy and head west. We can't wait to see the grandkids and all the boys.
I've also been asked to be a level leader at girl's camp in late June. I was excited at first but now I'm not so sure. I have my first mtg tomorrow night so we'll see.
I planted alot of spring bulbs in the Fall and it's so nice to see them blooming this spring. that's a first for this house. We have plans for the backyard and possible side yard so I hope we can make it all happen.
Happy May!
No comments:
Post a Comment