Friday, July 26, 2013

Which of Elizabeth Fones' husbands are we related to?

Elizabeth Fones (daughter of Thomas Fones and Ann Winthrop) married -
1 - Henry Winthrop in 1629
then when he died she married:
2 - Robert Feake in 1631
We are descended through their daughter Hannah
3 - She then married William Hallett in 1647
We are ALSO descended through THEIR son Capt. William Hallett. This is the line that connects with Edward Doty, our Mayflower ancestor.

Confused??


[By the way, if you're wondering what happened to the portrait I had posted of "Elizabeth Fones" - I have removed it. I did some digging on my own, and although the sitter's name is Elizabeth Winthrop, it was painted in the 1890's, so not our ancestress! Too bad, she was lovely!!]

1 comment:

  1. So if we can connect to the daughter from the first marriage is that like scoring a genealogical hat trick?

    ReplyDelete