Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Greetings!



It's hot hot hot! Already looking forward to Fall!

Jess planned a family outing for "Mothers Day" on the Sat before so we all went up to Tibble Fork reservoir up American Fork Canyon. It's gorgeous and fairly close! Jess brought the canoe and 4-wheeler. Luke was hoping to catch a fish but no luck! Marianne and Nic rode up to another lake on the 4-wheeler but everyone seemed to have a good time. Afterward, we found a picnic spot where Jess grilled burgers. It was a fun way to spend a day with the family. On Sunday, we got a call from Boy #2 in Houston so that was especially fun! Sure love my family! The kids gave us tickets to the Scera (outdoor theatre shell) where we saw Vocal Point and several other a capella groups perform. It was so fun! And we had great seats! Oh, and Scott made a donation to the Romney campaign which he knew I'd appreciate! Today is actually Primary Day in Utah: last one! What's up with that? Guess Utah doesn't matter! But I placed my vote and can't wait till November!

Jess and I drove up to Manti Canyon where the Trek/Exodus is supposedly taking place next month. We found a trail and drove up to the top where there was still snow! Not sure that's the exact trail but at least we know the general area. It was a beautiful drive. However, as we were driving up the canyon, Jess' truck stopped abruptly and started smoking. Oh no!!!!!!! He looked under the truck and it was leaking and he said, We just lost the transmission. OH NO!!! We called Jess' dad to give him a heads up so that he could come pick us up since the truck wasn't going anywhere. Luckily, 3 guys on 4-wheelers came by and were able to turn the truck so at least we were facing down and then we coasted back to town. One of the men then towed us (from his 4-wheeler) to a repair shop while he waved to all the neighbors. We figured he was the stake patriarch or something: older friendly man! ha! Anyway, then the repair place guy said he couldn't fix it because he had another obligation and had to leave but at least he filled us up with a little more transmission fluid and noticed it wasn't leaking. He said, Drive it around the block and see how it runs! So we did and it ran just fine. I was holding my breath the entire time. He said it looked like it got really hot and just boiled over and out but once we refilled it, it was fine. Whew!  I was ready to head home but Jess didn't want to waste the day so we went up the canyon: this time only on the 4-wheeler and left the truck parked on the side of the road. It was a beautiful ride! Crazy day but we're thankful for 'tender mercies'.

It's tradition to go to Heber on the Saturday before Memorial Day. We ended up driving up with Jess' dad ( never again! He was NOT driving well and I couldn't wait to get out of the car!!!) Jess' niece, Naomi and her husband  came with us. We met Bryce at the cemetery and put flowers on all the family graves. It was freezing. Seems to always be cold on Memorial Day for some reason. We met up with Jess' cousin and Dad's sister and had lunch. It was a nice day but cold.

We're still hiking the "Y" every week and trying to get ready for Exodus. I ended up making 44 padded lids for our 5-gallon buckets. That's what we'll carry all our 'stuff' in as well as use as a chair. I had the kids cut the foam and also thread the elastic thru the casing. It was a crazy month getting it all ready: trying to find cheap fabric, cutting and sewing it all, while still working but I managed to get it all done. THEN I quit work. Ha! I'm enjoying my freedom again and now I sleep like a baby. What a difference! It's heaven!

Enjoy summer and eat lots of watermelon!

Jess and Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment