Another winter month without any winter weather! It was the mildest winter. One day it rained, and it just reminded me of a California winter!
John has waited more than a year for Neil to finally be big enough to get on and off his little bike, a gift from Grandpa his first Christmas (2013), and make it 'go!'
Annette and I got together to replan Grammy's birthday party since we
switched from sub sandwiches to pizza. She had lots of fun ideas, which I
was glad for! And it's worth it to get some yummy tomato soup from
Paradise Bakery & Cafe!
We don't make a big deal out of Valentines Day. John got me these gorgeous flowers that of course, lasted through my birthday(the 19th).
Had a really nice birthday. Heidi picked up food from Twig, a very cool bistro nearby, and we ate at Emily's, rather than try to find another day when childcare wasn't an issue. Great food, great company! John brought home Indian food for dinner, as well as Coconut Cream Pie from Marie Callender's! So I was very pleased! Lots of lovely well-wishes from family and friends. Some friends took me for Greek food the next day, so I celebrated around the globe.But I'm always glad when it's over frankly. Too much pressure!
I finished a 2 year study of the Book of Mormon on my birthday morning, which felt like perfect timing. I had printed it out with wide margins for lots of notes (none on this page) and studied with the 3-volume series - The Book of Mormon Made Easier by David Ridges. So worthwhile. But since it took so long, I wanted something fast for my next time through, so now I am listening to 3 chapters every morning on my phone as I get ready for the day. It's interesting how I pick up on things when spoken that haven't stood out as I've read it before. Highly recommend this method on occasion.
John was working on the cold air returns in the hallway, when he found this old record from the Fisher Price record player our kids had when they were really little - in the mid-80's at latest. I sent the photo to the kids via text and laughed at their responses:
Hope you all had a lovely Month of Love!!
Sending our love to all- John and Kathi





No comments:
Post a Comment