Wow, it's been a long time since I wrote, it looks like! Life has been a bit crazy for our little family the last few months.
In May I started having what we found out were gallbladder attacks. I have had them in the past but we never really knew what they were. I ended up in the hospital in the middle of the night for some help. They didn't determine it was the gallbladder until I was back again the next day. That time I was in the hospital for 4 days (YUCK!) It was a miracle that Jacob was on a 2 week laid back rotation so it was ok for him to miss work for a couple of days. And my friend LaShay saved our butts and watched Addie as much as possible. I was in a lot of pain most of the time I was in the hospital, even with the pain killers they were giving me. It wasn't safe to remove the gallbladder as far along as I was in the pregnancy (30 weeks at the time) so instead they put in a gallbladder drainage tube to relieve the pressure. They didn't really prepare me for the pain of the procedure (for which I was not sedated) or the recovery.
Thank heavens Mom came to the rescue the day we got home from the hospital. Jacob was 2 days away from taking his Step 3 board exams so by the time we got home he didn't have any more time to help out and for several days I was barely able to move. Mom stayed a week and by then I was functioning a lot better.
A couple weeks later she came back with Heidi to help get us with packing and head to Utah. It was so great to make it here in time for Bryce and Amy's lovely wedding. Aunt Nette did such a wonderful job with all the wedding details and with Marianne's adorable baby shower! It's so nice to be back in Utah for good and be able to attend family events. It's been so nice to have so much help at Mom and Dad's house. And they're so patient with having Addie and all the noise and mess she makes. :)
We hated leaving Jacob for 3 weeks but he was on a very busy rotation and only had 2 days off work the entire time we were gone. He finished work on the 21st of June (Friday), left for Utah on the evening on the 22nd (Saturday), arrived here on the 23rd (Sunday) and started orientation at the U of U on Monday (the 24th.) Poor guy didn't get a break at all! We had thought he would have a week off in between residencies but that's not how it worked out. Luckily he learned a lot at orientation and is excited about starting his new program.
We officially started potting training Addie a couple of weeks ago and she's done pretty great with it. She loves having so many people to play with while we stay with Mom and Dad. I talk to her a lot about the baby coming but I don't think she has a clue what's in store. :) I took her for a haircut recently at the kids haircut place and she totally freaked out. I ended up having to hold her on my lap while they did the cut. At the end she was happy about it and her short hair is SO CUTE.
Baby Boy (who still doesn't have a name) is doing well. I have luckily avoided pre-eclampsia this pregnancy which has been a huge relief. I feel pretty good (besides the gallbladder stuff) except for some trouble sleeping and heartburn. And the heat lately has made me a bit more anxious for him to come! Because of the gallbladder removal surgery I need to have, my doctor scheduled an induction for 39 weeks. As long as he stays put until then, we should be meeting him on July 11th! Maybe we'll agree on a name before then? Fingers crossed!
Lots of big changes for us this year but we're so happy! Hope you all are having a wonderful summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment