Sunday, June 30, 2013

May/June Moulton



It was certainly a busy 2 months for us getting ready for the family bbq/wedding/babysitting/baby shower, etc.  But it was so much fun! I loved all the details of the planning. One of my user names on a site is detail demon! And I'm sure there are those who agree....that I'm really into details or a demon who's really into details! Take your pick!

Jess was a gem creating whatever I happened to find. "Can you make this, Honey???" And he always could! He found free wooden pallets and we used them for lots of different things for the celebrations: boxes, signs, frames, etc. I think he had fun creating too!

Since Amy's colors were purple with some golden yellow accents, I decided to follow the theme with the bbq. It really was fun hunting for different ideas, thank you Pinterest! I'd LOVE to show you some pictures but others took pictures except me and I haven't seen a single one! But I love how it turned out. We had over 30 people come and the weather was great! We worried it would either be rainy or windy or hot! It was perfect! It was a good thing I had planned so well because I ended up getting the flu that week! I was dragging quickly! Can you do that? Ha!  I had no time to stop but I felt like I was really pushing thru a muddy existence. Just going up and down the stairs wore me out!

Marianne and I went with Amy for her final dress fitting on Wed. We loved her dress! My fever broke while in the dressing room because all of a sudden, I had sweat dripping off me! Oh yay! Bakers drove in on Thurs with Mom and we fed them dinner. What did I feed you guys? Can't even remember! Claire sewed the CUTEST purple little girl dresses for Avery and Sophie! They were perfect and both girls were adorable in them! Thanks MUCH! We had spent the afternoon in the Ochre Mountain Temple so Amy could take out her endowments. By the time she and Bryce came into the Celestial room, we were the only ones there and it was such a wonderful moment! On Fri, Claire and Linda both came down early to help me along with Mom and Marianne, and boy, was I grateful! I still was on slow motion and had plenty to do to get ready to feed so many, plus pull last minute details together for the wedding! Thank you! Thank you! I couldn't have done it without you! Linda provided lunch for us all! Yummo! We had a system going on wrapping all the little bread loaves (wedding favors), that really went fast! I think we wrapped close to 120 little boxes with twine and lace trim! Whew! They all helped me with the entire menu: Claire and Linda assembled the strawberry shortcake pushpops and fruit skewers, Marianne made the mac and cheese, Mom cut all the cheese into little squares for the sliders! I could NOT have done it without their help! You guys are the best! Stephanie felt badly that she couldn't be more help but I assured her that the stuff she did was stuff I couldn't dream of doing. She did the kids' wedding announcement and engagement shots, all the digital work for the bbq AND the reception! She should go into business! She's that good! Thanks, Hon!!

Dinner came together tho' it didn't stay hot but no one complained. It was so fun to visit with everyone! Amy brought some out of town guests with her and we tried to make them feel at home!

The next morning, we picked up the cupcakes and cake in Springville and dropped them off at Stephanie's. She then took them to her in-laws who would keep them cool inside their home! The actual ceremony was beautiful! The bride and groom were radiant! But the piece de resistance was when they brought little Miss Avery in. I had worried that she might not be happy being separated at the temple but she came bounding in, all smiles! She was dressed in white and just seemed to know what to do! It was breath taking to see a new little family formed right before our eyes! A little piece of heaven! Lots of sniffles around the room including the new Grandma!

Photo: Amy & Bryce's wedding yesterday was so beautiful, calm, and full of love. These two were made for each other!

I am heading out of town on a vacation with my husband this next week but I wanted to let my brides & grooms know that I have made arrangements while I am gone to ensure your images will still arrive in the time frame we have discussed. I will answer emails, messages, and calls when I get back on Saturday. Thanks, everyone!Photo: You know you've got a keeper when he's willing to match his socks to your shoes. ;)
Photo: Well, I just couldn't stay away! =) Actually, our little trip got cut short due to wind and rain... But, it's okay because I get to share this with all of you!
The reception was wonderful! We didn't even get up to Solitude till after 5. There was NO WAY I could get everything set up since Marianne was helping with Avery back at the temple and we also had to unpack all the boxes of 'stuff' at the parking lot and haul it up to the restaurant which was a bit of a jaunt. Ask Grammy!!! But the staff just came to my aid and everything was ready to go before 6. I was shocked and so thankful for their help! The view was beautiful, the weather perfect, the food delish, the bride and groom so happy! What more could we want? Oh, and Grammy got a ride in a golf cart back to the parking lot with a handsome young man. You should've heard her squeal!

We took Avery home with us tho' we met Bryce and Amy in Park City on Sunday to watch them open gifts. She stayed with us till the following Monday and was a very good girl! Mom stayed with us as well for a few days till I took her to the airport that Friday. Mom was a good girl too!

I ended up planning Marianne's baby shower which ended up being a blast. I just love to throw a party! She liked a nautical theme so that's what we did. We decided just to have an Open House with brunch. Easy! We ended up using all my mini appetizer dishes tho' we had a ball finding a few extra things! Hope these pix show up! They didn't when I tried to send them to Grammy.





















Fun! Thanks, Stephanie, for taking all the pix and letting us trash your house! And thanks, Rob! You were a sport!

It was wonderful to get all our kids together again! Scott wasn't able to stay more than about 36 hours but we relished the time we had with him!

Thanks again for everyone's help! We couldn't have done it without you! So happy for Bryce and Amy! So happy for Marianne and Nic and their little guy coming in October! Happy that Scott got a new promotion! Happy that Ella has more moments of contentment than she did a month ago! That's progress! And when she smiles, her eyes twinkle. I told Jess I'm going to start calling her Tinkerbell!

Love, Jess and Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment