Thursday, February 28, 2013

Van Natter - February

Goodbye to February! Hope you all had a great one. We sure did - with the usual ups and downs of every month!

Our biggest excitement was finding out Emily is having a boy!

Our biggest laugh came from Addie who saw Reba McIntyre on TV and thought it was "Gramma!"

Our greatest blessing came from John surviving being stranded at Antelope Island in a horrid snow storm, stuck in a drift. He wasn't dressed for the weather, got very wet very fast as he tried to dig out his tires only to have the snow blow right back. By the time Ian got out there to rescue him, the snow was clear up to his car window! They weren't able to get the car out even with both of them  and Ian's 4 wheel drive truck, so they had to leave it and go back the next morning. The park was just closing as this happened so the rangers were nowhere to be found. I tried calling all over the place to send someone official out to him, with no luck. It was a frightening experience. And wouldn't you know it - Ian reinjured his hip helping to shovel out the car the next day.
Speaking of Ian, Maverick has denied culpability for his fall in their parking lot. It was a sheet of ice, the employees were just walking out to throw down ice melt - and it was early evening so icy all day, their security camera showed his fall, but they aren't at fault. Hmmmm. He contacted a personal injury lawyer and is waiting to hear if he has a case. All he really wants is for them to cover his medical expenses. It's pretty frustrating. The letter they sent him wished him well in his recovery!

We had a nice, quiet Valentines Day. John got me flowers and coconut cashews, which I could eat. I got him See's candy. Best part of the day was Addie's Happy Valentines Day greeting in a video.

My birthday was really nice. Thanks for the good wishes, cards and gifts. I had visits and calls all day long. So lovely. And John brought home my requested Egg Fu Yung from a local restaurant. We are "connoisseurs" (in our minds)  of Egg Fu Yung and haven't found a good one in years. So we were tickled to find this place just down the road. That and Marie Callender's Double Cream Blueberry Pie, and I was a happy birthday girl!

I just finished a project of reading the entire Standard Works in one year. It was a wonderful experience but I am glad to be done! It helped that I found an outline which broke it all down into what chapters to read each day. Generally that meant one chapter from the New Testament, two from the Old, then one from the Book of Mormon, the D&C, or Pearl of Great Price. I don't think I'd ever read the entire Old Testament, so I feel great being able to say I've now done it!

Hope you have all had a wonderful month with great plans for March!
Happy Birthday to all you March babies!




No comments:

Post a Comment