I posted our construction photos separately. That was the major portion of June for us. Tomorrow the electric gets hooked up - meter moved to outside of garage, and a new electric box inside is being installed. (We learned that the one we have was recalled THIRTY YEARS ago as a fire hazard!!! Guess we've been lucky!) So tomorrow, when it will be 100 degrees out, we will have no power. So I am going to meet up with Annette for lunch and a long schmooze!
Back to the beginning of June - Emily, Jacob, and Addie were still here until the 3rd. They left that evening, planning to drive all night, thinking Addie would fall asleep and they could make the trip easier. HA!! She wasn't going for that and they ended up spending the night in Las Vegas!! I'll leave it to Emily to fill you in on their new life in Fresno. After they left I found that Addie had been stuffing things into the living room heater vents! She really loved those little post it notes. She'd scribble on each one and then shove it down! That's a fork from her little kitchen set. Sorry about all the dust and crumbs!
I spent much of the month boxing up the kitchen. It's hard to decide what we can do without for a few months, and what we will need, even while we're eating out of the living room, with only a microwave and toaster oven (and frig.) The pile of boxes in the corner of my room continues to grow! It's been a good chance to weed things out, and find things I'd lost! Still not sure at what point they will start the kitchen remodel, but I understand they will finish up the family room, garage, etc before breaking into the house. At least we will only have one entry point to deal with now that they put the stairs to the family room in the laundry room. Originally they would have gone up from the wall between the living room and dining area. And they would have had to break through the wall by now to have access to the room over the garage, which would mean dust and noise. So I'm really thrilled they found this other option.
Another bit of good news is that I discovered the wonders of DMSO (dimethylsulfate) which is helping loosen up the scar tissue and stiffness in my foot and ankle (due to my broken leg, which caused the ligarments to strip.) No miracles yet, but I am walking much easier. It's also helping the stiffness and discomfort in the other leg, caused by limping due to the opposite foot!!! All because I decided to step on Black Ice in my driveway 10 years ago. Well, I didn't actually know it was 'black' at the time! John has had good results with the DMSO on some of his aches and pains. It works immediately. Kind of a miracle!
John got to celebrate Father's Day by speaking in Sacrament Meeting! The woman who spoke first took up a chunk of his time, but he managed to eke out a good talk with the time he had left. His topic was Blessings of Fatherhood, which was a harder topic than it sounds!
We started the month of June with a trench dug outside and ended it with a garage, bonus/family room, laundry room, and deck all framed and getting completed. Still hard to imagine this all finished.
Wishing everyone a fabulous July!
No comments:
Post a Comment