Sunday, November 30, 2014

Van Natter NOVEMBER 2014


Thanksgiving has new meaning now that we know we had ancestors on the Mayflower! It still boggles my mind, and makes me sad that I spent 6 decades without this knowledge. I would have had a different appreciation of Thanksgiving and the Pilgrims. Oh well! Here's to Edward Doty and Faith Clark! I got these pilgrims to represent our Pilgrim heritage.

The year has flown by! We will soon say goodbye to this amazing group of kids. There are 5 others not shown. On the left is Lydia who kept us on our toes with all her questions! Next to her is Heidi, as perfect as her name would suggest! And then Mackey - the youngest with a birthday on Christmas! But so smart and a bit of a gospel scholar. At least I will get to keep my favorite co-teacher!


What a thrill to receive Zoey from Linda! As well as the parts of this hiking outfit we hadn't had time to finish when we sewed at Annette's. I still need to do some stitching on the sweater, but isn't she adorable!
I was unprepared to turn around and see this:
It was part of his Christmas card. He dressed as characters from 4 favorite Christmas movies. Most people would be hard-pressed to believe the strong-and-silent Ian has such a sense of silly.

Thanksgiving was held at Emily's this year, so Annette got a break!


Besides our family (including Ian!), Jess & Annette, Bryce & Amy and kids, Stephanie & Rob and kids made the day perfect. Everyone brought food, and we ended up at 3 tables this year: a kids' table, a younger people table, and the oldster table! Fun times, great food!

The Kids' Table: Emily made sure they had crafty things to occupy them while they waited for their food. (I could not get a good angle for all the kids.)


Then it was off to Heidi's (3 minutes away) for PIE! I think there were at least 10 different pies and desserts. And most of us had to have a taste of all of them!
Our family went back to Heidi's again the next night because there was SO MUCH PIE leftover, even after Moultons took their leftovers! But it was a fun (and yummy) excuse to get together again.

So very much to be thankful for. Family is The Best!

And the Christmas Season was ushered in just like that!




No comments:

Post a Comment