Wow, I had NO idea I was so far behind!! A little embarrassed by that.
Let's start with July:
We celebrated the 4th at Emily's. John and Neil played Peek-a-Boo, which made everyone laugh! Before it got dark, Jacob set off some fireworks in the backyard. Addie would run inside and hide behind the sliding glass door each time - she's not a fan of the loud noises. Neil wasn't sure what was going on! We were back home before dark. We watched Captain America to end the day.
Addie is wearing her festive patriotic dress, and Jacob sports her Easter Bonnet.
THRILLED when I got the email about my free Ancestry, My Heritage, and Find My Past memberships. Everyone else should have them by now. I've still only been on Ancestry. I need to figure out the other two. For some fun, be sure to visit Relative Finder and see all the famous people you're related to!!
Neil turned one on July 11. We went over to celebrate. He was not too crazy about that messy cupcake! He did enjoy his new toys. As did Addie!! We got him a stuffed chair like the one we got Addie for her first birthday. (Different fabrics, but their names are embroidered on.)
I started putting together the Teacher Spotlights for the girls' latest venture, Teacher Approved, a subscription service for educators. There are bundles for K-2, 3-4, and 5-6. Each bundle offers 6 new products useful for teaching or student work each month. The teachers who offer their product each month get a 'spotlight' on the Teacher Approved blog. I am in charge of those. It is interesting to read about these teachers from all over the country (and world in some cases!) and how much effort they put into educating kids. I am amazed by Emily and Heidi's business(es.)
Such fun to attend Amy's baby shower at Stephanie's! The best kind of shower: no games, amazing food, and great gifts!! Annette outdid herself on the appetizer spread. Amazing!!!!! Addie had a ball playing with her cousins, and even got to borrow a swimsuit to play in the water out back. We had to pry her away when it came time to leave.
And now we can officially welcome BABY WES!!!
We didn't do much to celebrate Pioneer Day. John never gets it off. I watched some of the parade on TV just to feel a little festive. John has a lot of Pioneer ancestors.
We saw a lot of the Littles through the month, which was fabulous, since we worried about seeing them often once they moved into their new home.





No comments:
Post a Comment