Friday, November 8, 2013

Heidi October

Happy fall!

I'm getting used to my new "normal."  It's awesome!  Preschool is M-Th from 9-11:30.  I have a group of 5 on Mon. & Wed. and a group of 6 on Tues/Thurs.  They're all (mostly) cute kids.  There was a settling in process, but I'm in love with preschool now.  It's so easy and so fun!  I'm having a blast planning all the preschool work trays.


 A few weeks ago I was driving home about 5:30 or 6:00 after running some errands.  I was just enjoying the beautiful fall evening and I was really struck by the contrast of that moment with my life a year ago.  By 5:30 or 6:00 after a day of dealing with 2nd graders, I was just counting the hours till bedtime.  There was very little enjoying of anything.  Don't get me wrong, I loved my job, but that was my life.  There was no time or energy for anything else.  I'm so, so blessed to have these new opportunities!

Early in October, my roommate Adrienne moved out.  She's going to live at home for a while and save money to buy a place.  I understand why she left but I'm really sad she did!  She was such an enjoyable roommate!  On the plus side, I have a lot more storage.  This is important since preschool requires SO MUCH STUFF!!  I'm really grateful our Second Story Window business is doing well enough to support my preschool spending.  Especially because my hands are too damaged to do many DIY projects.  Sewing is a no-go.  Anything that requires much cutting is out.  Etsy get a lot of my money these days!

Em and I kept up our tradition of seeing Josh Groban when he comes to town.  Our 4th concert, I think.  We had really good seats and he's always just so fun and goofy!


We had card night and book club right in a row.  I haven't made cards in months(!), but they still let me come hang out with them.  :)  Maybe after the new year my life and house will be in some sort of order and I'll be able to make cards again. 

That's right, my house is still a disaster.  It needs so much work, but I can't give it that time until the 3rd Grade Morning Work book is done.  And I can't seem to find enough time to get that done!!  I'm kind of losing my mind.  Hopefully this week nothing will come up (fingers crossed) and I can give it a big chunk of time.

We had a preschool Halloween party on the 25th.  Emily came to help since I had all 11 at the same time--in costumes!  They were very uninterested in most of the Halloween stuff we planned.  They just wanted to play with the trains.  Oh well!  They did enjoy putting stickers on their popcorn cups, though.  It was dead silent for a whole minute and a half.



We ended the party with a concert.  I don't even think it lasted 2 minutes, since preschool songs are so short.  Oh, and none of the kids actually sing.  So, solo by Heidi!  Thankfully I knew to expect that so I just didn't look at the parents and sang away!  "I'm a mean old witch with a hat!"  Then we had a parade which was very funny.  They could barely walk in those costumes! 

On actual Halloween, I met Em in Salt Lake to help pick out fixtures and stuff for her new house.  That was lots of fun and slightly dangerous.  Now I want a whole new kitchen!!  Then I came home to pass out candy, well I did glow sticks this year.  It was the first Halloween in a LONG time that I wasn't completely worn out.

So, October is out.  November is in.  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Love seeing this photos. Sounds like preschool is right up your alley! Lucky kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved hearing from you heidi and also enjoyed the pics! So happy that you are enjoying a different life now! yes, lucky lucky kids!
    PS wish i could shadow you and learn how to be a better teacher!

    ReplyDelete