I've been remiss! Time to catch up! But I can't remember much about August. We've spent most of the summer down in Levan helping Jess' dad. He just simply can't deal with the garden. It's 1/3 of an acre so it's not a simple backyard garden. I think he bought 59 tomato plants to give you an idea. And guess who got to deal with it all! Yep, me and Jess! Oh fun! We went down about once a week to weed and help out with whatever Jess' dad needed. He kept Jess busy! One night, it included Jess trying to convince his dad that his 20 year old, never been touched, VCR, was toast. He actually bought two 20 years ago. Two $300 VCR's! You know, just in case! And now, neither worked and his dad was not happy. So then he wanted to buy a new one. We told him we had one that worked in our garage waiting to go to DI. Nothin' doin'. He had to have a new one. Of course, Jess had to go down and set it all up. And now, he wants to buy another one. You know, just in case! Arlo, (Jess' dad) ended up breaking his leg and ended up in the ER with a boot and instructions to stay off his foot and he wouldn't need surgery. But of course, Arlo knows best and figured his foot wouldn't get enough circulation if he didn't walk on it so you guessed it, he walked on it. And a few days later, we had to take him to the hospital for surgery! I drove to Levan 3 times in 4 days that week! We have been grateful to benefit from the garden bounty. I've canned tomatoes and froze beans. I actually froze a ton of beans for both Amy and Stephanie. I've made salsa and a tomato sauce recipe I found which smells to die for! Lots of fresh basil!
Jess took me for a drive up Spanish Fork canyon looking for a spot for hunting. He finally drew out for the hunt. First time since he's been in Utah so I was happy for him. His dad is planning on going along which should be interesting! The colors were starting to change which thrilled me. We even just received snow on the mountain peaks. I LOVE AUTUMN!!!
Scott flew out in Sept which made us so happy! We all spent a couple nights up in Park City. We went to the zoo which the kids loved! Sophie was stuck to Scott like glue! She found a friend for life! The next day, the adult kids (except Rob) went shopping while Jess, Rob and I watched the little ones. That night, Bryce, Amy and Scott found a great restaurant in Park City and the rest of us grabbed Kneaders and ate it at the hotel. Scott wanted to come home early to watch the NE game and I had our Primary program practice. Can I simply say, TORTURE!!!!!!! Holy Cow! They ended up putting the two wiggliest kids on either side of me right up front. Seriously?????? AUGH! Later that afternoon, we ran to Packer's to hang out and eat pizza! It was fun to have Scott home. We miss him so much!
Amy and Bryce invited us all, including the Van Natter's, to Avery bday celebration. They made some yummy food and Bryce made a cute pink train for the table. The train 'cars' held the food. So cute! They got a new puppy, Hudson, who is as cute as can be.
We watched Luke's first soccer game. The best part was watching them high five each other. The problem was they kept missing each other's hands! haha!
Marianne is due in a couple weeks and we'll fly to Houston to see new baby boy! She's home with her feet up because her feet look like she has elephantitus. Sigh...
It's the best time of the year! Enjoy!
Jess and Annette
No comments:
Post a Comment