I really thought I'd posted more recently, but I went back through and my last newsletter was October 7. Ooops! Let's see what I can remember...
November:
My student teacher started. She was really good and really eager. I ended up taking a couple personal days and leaving her in charge so I could work on some business things. Our business? Well, it's doing really well! Who could have guessed this?? I talked to my principal about taking a year off to see if I can do this full time. So we'll see!! It seems so crazy to be taking this direction, but I'm excited. I think it will be good. If nothing else I could use a change!
December:
Knowing it was my last December in the classroom I really made it count. We did fun (educational??) stuff every day. It was pretty intense. It was very nice to finally get to the break. The family party was delightful. The kids grow up so much from year to year. I went up to the parents' house on Christmas Eve. Addie kept announcing "Present time!" She kept us all entertained. Christmas was a lovely day. Addie really got into it this year. I got lots of grown-up gifts (new towels, silverware) and lots of little kids gifts for the preschool I want to open. More craziness! I'm hoping to do preschool in the mornings so I can have some sort of human contact during the day!
January:
It is just no fair that I have to come back from Christmas and jump right into report cards. What a bummer! I guess that was the last time though, so I can't really complain! My roommate Misty moved to Taylorsville so right now it's me and Adrienne. I've been busy trying to reorganize the house--moving bedrooms, setting up an office, cleaning, organizing, redecorating--so I can get the rooms painted and the preschool set up. Emily and I have been trying to figure out how to be business women. We have a pretty limited skill set when it comes to accounting, so it's a big learning curve right now...So much to look forward to in 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment