So once again, I have proven myself a lackadaisical writer, which is especially unfortunate because that's what I am evidently trying to get an advanced degree in. Shame on me.
This semester was supposed to have been a little "freer," in that I'm done with coursework and should be focusing on exams. Instead, I took on extra jobs to live a little more comfortably (read: to be able to fall asleep without a stomach clenched into a ball of stress), which has the adverse effect of tiring me and making me not want to read the 120 or so novels on my to-do list. I'm thinking this May exam date may not be happening. September is looking mighty fine, though.
I'm looking forward to Sam coming home in about a month. I'll be taking the train from Omaha to Elkhart the week following Thanksgiving. Initially, I was planning on ignoring the actual holiday altogether, but now it looks like Colin will be coming out to visit, and I'm hosting a Turkey Day dinner for fellow grad students who aren't going home for the holiday. So any delusions I had about catching up on work over that break have dissipated.
This Christmas, like last, I'm directing the choir for the program in December. We just barely got started. It's one more thing for me to worry over, but I'm keeping it simple (partly by mandate). I've also cracked open some Christmas music to play on the piano. A little early? Nah. I'm not that good, so I need time to practice before the holidays actually hit. Plus, it's a stress reliever.
'Tis the season of costumes and candy right now, however. I dressed up as 1950's pop art, a Roy Liechtenstein painting. (Look it up.) It took a long time to get the makeup right, and not many people knew what I was (most thought I was some rendition of Pippy Longstocking, Annie, Chucky, or a clown with acne, but I just dub them "uncultured" and go sob in a corner), but I had fun all the same. Won a contest. Ate pie.
My love to all!
You should post a picture of your costume. It's Fabulous.
ReplyDeleteHolly, love it when you post! You always make me laugh!! Love the Halloween costume!
ReplyDelete